Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Writing Prompts... Mama's Losin' It

I found this blog meme at "Mama's Losin' It." To be honest, I don't really know Mama or why she's losin' it, but I found her writing prompts interesting and decided to expound on a few. If you, too, are inspired by these prompts then visit Mama, choose a prompt to write about and leave a link in the Mr. Linky box. That's all there is too it.
Z

The Prompts:
1.) Describe a moment when you realized you and your spouse were SO different.

2.) What is your role in the household?

3.) Write about how you felt when you discovered you were lied to.(creativewritingprompts.com)

4.) Describe a hard time you gave a teacher...what would you say to them today?

5.) What is an unpleasant experience you had eating? Write a poem, paragraph, or something else about the experience.(writingfix.com)


.
I am choosing a couple of them...

1.) Describe a moment when you realized you and your spouse were SO different.
.
The first time I told an old dance partner that my husband and I were going to get married. Before I met my husband I was pretty good at three-steppin' in the local honky-tonk. I had a few dance partners who remain friends. After I agreed to marry Scott, I ran into an old partner and told him I was getting married... Here is what followed:
.
Old Dance Partner: [looks at me out of the corner of his eye] "So you're really happy?"
.
Me: [big smile, :oD] "YES."
.
Old Dance Partner: "Does he dance?"
.
Me: [wondering what that has to do with anything?] "No, well not really. He'll dance with me, but he doesn't like to dance. But I love him."
.
Old Dance Partner: [Eyes widen, mouth goes slack] "YOU are going to marry a guy who doesn't like to dance?"
.
Me: [confidently] "Yes."
.
Old Dance Partner: [shaking his head] "It must really be love."
.
2.) What is your role in the household?
..
One Word: Everything.
.
Chef, chief cook and bottle washer, custodian of the family records, accountant and financial wizard, chauffer or cab driver (whichever is required), laundress, housekeeper, teacher, spiritual advisor, counselor, first-aid provider, referee, negotiator, guardian, boy repellant, lover, wife, mother, aunt, sister, daughter, friend, volunteer, lay minister and Child of God.
.
Enough said?
.
Blessings... For a wonderful Good Friday!




1 comment:

Yolanda said...

I loved the term: boy repellant.

Oh yes, I did!