Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weighing the Word Postponed... Please Continue to Pray

With everything going on this week's Weighing the Word post is getting shuffled to next week. I just need to fast and pray today. I know that our family is undergoing an extreme period of testing right now - immediate and extended.

My cousin is having to make some tough decision regarding her finances and her husband's funeral this week. Her son is struggling with all of the Senior Year activities he is having to rearrange, cancel or make alternate plans to participate in this week. And this morning after we offered what we could to my cousin in support yesterday... The full weight of this week is upon us. We have housing payment due this coming week, my girls each have summer college tuition due by Sunday, and to top it off this morning the car is not running as it should be. This and we are just coming out of paying our taxes...

Oh, the joy of it all. (I'm really not being sarcastic... Last night I was telling my cousin we just have to trust God and His plan even when things don't look the way we think they should.... Talk about a test!) This is a test, this is only a test.

So, I'm enlisting my friends, my Sisters-in-"Arms" and my prayer warriors to go to battle for us this morning - Praying in Agreement. We are in desperate need of relief and an answer in so many ways.

Lord, we trust in You - the God who is Provision - and we surrender our own will and ideas of how this should work out to you. You alone are good and You alone have the solution to our problems to be sure. We believe that You will act, You will not delay and that Your provision will be sufficient to meet every need emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically. That's just the kind of God You are and You always take care of Your own. Thank you for always hearing and answering our prayers, Lord God. We will trust in You. We will trust in You. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.


5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Oh sweet sister. Let us pray:

Jesus,

You were not taken by surprise with this whole event. You remember that we are dust. Lord You know what it is like to live here on this earth and face such difficulties. Please surround this situation and all the people in it. I do not know the specifics but You do. I ask Your touch, Your blessing upon each person. Rain down Your love upon them. We ask for specific needs as they arise, knowing that You knew the need before it was asked for. Please provide. We know that You are a Father to the fatherless and a Husband to the widows. We know that You can do exceedingly, abundantly, more than we ask or imagine. We lay this all at Your feet and cry glory. Glory to Your name both now and forever more. Amen.

Karen said...

Dear Father in Heaven, I lift up to you today Michelle and her family. Lord God, you know the burdens on all of their hearts right now and we ask Lord for your healing provisions to sustain Michelle and her entire family. You are indeed Mighty to save. Praise and Glory to you alone Abba for your love and faithfulness exceeds all understanding. Thank you for our answered prayers. In the name of Christ Jesus, Amen.

Susan said...

Hey Michelle,

I'm so sorry to read all that is going on for your cousin and for your family as well.

I will be praying for God to comfort, uphold and provide for your needs.

Keep holding on to Jesus!

Kelly L said...

Michelle,
Know you have sisters in Christ that you don't know but are here in blogger land praying for you and your family. We serve an awesome God and all things are possible. I am lifting you up.
Kelly

Lora said...

Amen and amen to your sweet prayer dear siesta. I got God bumps reading it Michelle. I am joining you in agreement dear one.

With love, hugs and prayers across the miles,
Lora