Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Friday, October 2, 2009

A History Lesson...

September 1, 2009 goes down in my book as one of the most revelatory days in my journey with Christ I've ever had. I did my devotional reading that day in Genesis 1:1-Genesis 2:25 and the following is what I reflected from that reading:

First, I had some questions.

  • I noted that God made significant distinctions regarding the lights in the heavens He created verses the darkness, and between mankind and the animals. Read it for yourself. I read the NKJV... but I'm sure there will be revelation in any translation. Particularly interesting was that He had made the sun and moon and stars to "rule over" His creation (Day/Night). And taht He made a significant distinction between how He set man apart from the animals. Man was made according to the image/likeness of God, but the animals each were created according to their own kind.

  • My questions... Why? Why? What does that mean? So I asked the Lord to show me what He wanted me to know about Him.

After I asked that question, this is what I read: Genesis 2:4 "This is the history of the heavens and the earth..."

And at exactly that moment something in me came alive. It was like I suddenly knew why I was so curious at that moment. My journal reflects that glorious moment so much better than my memory does - so read on to learn what it meant to me:

"God has been writing a story...a history, rich with people, experiences, action, drama, struggle, victory, power, intrigue and beauty. But, these things are not the heart of what He wants the history to reveal. The history of the heavens and the earth reveal not just what God has done - they reveal who He is and what He desires to do... His plan.

The history of the heavens and the earth involve stories - stories about God, angels and people. It unfolds like a map across time and each story reveals a clue, a revelation about the manifest presence of God, His character, and His nature that points to the depravity of our human condition and nature as well as our utter need of His loving redemption and truth.

The history of heaven and earth reveals the lengths that love will go to reveal itself to the one who beloved.

My story tells a part of that - and by allowing me to choose, He has allowed me to come alongside Him and write the story He is telling through my life.

It really is all about Him and what He wants to do in and through me... That week God spoke to me about something He had showed me a long time ago. It was something I believed that was related to my husband and his ministry, but God said, "You have Healer and Restoration written all over you." Oh Lord, I told everyone that week that by Friday I could just go and fall on my face before Him I was so in awe and so blessed by what He was doing. He is so good. So beautifully, faithfully good. I love Him so.






No comments: