Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What if you're not who you think you are....

I've been thinking... And this is what came out:
-------------------------------------------------------
 
Martina Navratilova Duncan sat at the table of her tiny Metropolitan condo flipping through the worn, plastic covered pages of a decades old photo album.  She allowed the trembling worn out fingers on one hand to smooth the slightly rippled, protective sleeve as her eyes traced over the edges in these scenes from her life. The thumb of her free hand gripped the handle of a stained, chipped mug tapping out a melancholy rhythm every now and then. 

Memories of the stories she had heard about herself began to flood her mind.  Like tidal waves cascading over the well built walls inside the dam of emotions welling in her heart. Confusing emotions scrambled then overflowed in gushing, torrent waves.  She gripped the coffee cup harder, setting her jaw hard against the tears threatening to fall.

I'm not going to do this.  I'm not going to cry. Weak-willed women get  mushy over memories - I'll never be weak like that.
------------------------------------------------------------
Read more about Martina at Learning to Dance.






No comments: