Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

P. S. I got caught in a Texas blizzard...

Hey ya'll! I just had to share that last night after my class at church that I came out to an very cold and wet snow all over my beloved Impala. I got in and realized the entire right side and it's windows had approximately an inch of snow mounted on them. The back window was no better. All I could do was zip up my sweatshirt to my neck and hop out with the small hand scraper I had in the door and knock the fluffy, wet, white mounds off my windows.
.
I hastily got back in the car praying that the heater would work in record speed. God help me... I was cold. I slipped and slided (not a real word but I like it...) all over the parking lot until I finally made it to the road and then was able to drive easily up to the stop light, though I thought I might slide right into the car in front of me when I tried to stop. It was about this time I realized that though my headlights were on - they were casting no light in front of my car!
.
I realized... I forgot to knock the inch or so of snow that was covering them off when I uncovered the windows. I pulled into the gas station at the next corner and hopped out making haste again as I launched the winter white off the headlights and hustled back into the driver's seat to white knuckle may way back up Hwy 114 toward home. I was much surprised when I got to Trophy Club and headed up Hwy 170 to I-35 - the snow just stopped. The road was wet and a little slick, but the snow was all but non-existent there. I laughed aloud after calming my frazzled nerves... Only a mile between the two spots I went from rapid snow fall to no snow at all! March in Texas, if you don't like the weather - wait a minute! (Yes, it is not lost on me that yesterday I was posting about Thunderstorms and tornadoes!) God has a sense of humor, oh yes He does! He is on the throne and in control and I thank Him that he spared me yet again!

No comments: