Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

RENEW Your Mind...


Beth Moore has a great tutorial for Scripture Memorization up at her LPM Blog. She has encouraged her readers to join her in memorizing two verses a month through the year 2009.

This year, God gave me John 8:32 just before New Year. "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." I already had that verse down in my head so my first verse had to be something new: "Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill? He who walks uprightly, And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart." Psalm 15:1-2 NKJV

I cannot tell you how many times in the last fourteen days that a new realization would come to me that would bring me pain. I would say, "If this is the truth, then the truth shall make me free." Or if that realization would be one I would like not to accept, or maybe one I would like to act upon and take revenge about.... I would remind myself: "Those who abide with God walk uprightly, work righteousness and they TELL THE TRUTH IN THEIR HEART." I must accept what has happened before I can move forward in this process. Pretending something didn't happen or that it was less than it was is not telling the truth in my heart. It is deceptive, it is futile and it brings destruction. Denial is the worst form of deception because we do it to ourselves.
What "WORD" has God given you for 2009 and how are you applying it to your life today?

Thank you Jesus that in spite of our realities, You alone are the Truth that sets us free. I love you so.







2 comments:

DigiNee said...

Good morning - Is. 33:6 is what I am memorizing - and it is so what I need - I have personalized it - "He is my constant source of stability. He abundantly provides me with safety and great wisdom. He does all this for me because I fear Him." Stability is so needed, and the reminder is needed of Who is my source, and wisdom ----- there are so many things just looming and they are overwhelming without this reminder.

I did a long study of various words and also fear of the Lord the day after the LPM post and choosing this scripture. There are so many facets to this scripture and I looked at many versions. "He is my sure foundation in these times." (Does that ever fit???)

Peace Michelle, peace.

luvmy4sons said...

Truth sets you free. Amen. Yet I have seen terrible results from people dwelling too long on painful truths...Once you are free...be free! I make no implcations to what is going on with you. (: It just reminded me of disasterous consequences of a loved one who through poor counseling dwelt too long on painful truths...Whatever is lovely whatever is excellent whatever is praiseworthy...think on these things! Let the lovely truth of Christ who bore all the sins on the cross set us free from all the painful truths He helps us to face, and then move on! Hugs to you!