Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Her children arise and call her blessed... I think!



As I have written before... I have two wonderful and beautiful daughters. Brittany who is 19 going on 35 and Taylor who is a stunning beauty at 17... inside and out. Watching them morph from little girls into beautiful, confident and sometimes "willful" young women has been both a blessing and a joy. But with it comes the bittersweet angst that Momma Birds must feel when booting their babies out of the nest for the first time.
.
"It's time to fly!"
.
From a wall-to-wall conversation she and I were having over at Facebook she posted the following quote:


"She [my mother] was the force around which our world turned. My mother was propelled through the universe by the brute force of reason. She was the judge in all our arguments. One disapproving word from her was enough to send us off to hide in a corner, where we would cry and fantasize our own martyrdom. And yet. One kiss could restore us to princedom. Without her, our lives would dissolve into chaos." — Nicole Krauss (The History of Love: A Novel)
.
At first I wondered if she really intended for that to be about me... but then, I realized that she did. I didn't know how I felt about it until I asked God and then her. For her this quote resonated so loudly of our relationship. And well, the last three sentences simply blessed my heart. She said that the blessings she received from me as her mother outweigh the insanity that sometimes comes with being my daughter. I'm truly blessed to have such bold, confident and lovely young women as my girls. I love them with all my heart. Kisses... BRITTANY and TAYLOR. Y Momma
.
"28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her: 29 "Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all." 30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Proverbs 31:28-30 (NKJV)
.
My Brittany has a blog of her own: You will find her here... At Brittany Ann - please visit and read what she has written. Thanks a bundle.




1 comment:

Lora said...

I loved your description of Brittany and Taylor's ages! Just this week I commented that our 15 year old was going on 40 and our 14year old was very much 14!

What a blessing to have your daughters rise up and call you blessed!

Love and hugs across the miles.