Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Momma's Chicken Enchiladas

Hey all - If you want to join us in the Siesta Summer Bible Study Bethie is hosting over at her BLOG! Several places are hosting the Bible Study: Beth and her crew over at LPM, The Siestas over at Siestaville are also putting together a shin dig, and well, I am facilitating a wild ride over at the Lifeway Forums... So take Your Pick! Free homework samples are available at Lifeway - No Other Gods by Kelly Minter scroll down to the bottom of the page and print out the material for the introduction and session one and you are all set. You will need a book for future weeks, but this week you are all set! Books are available for $12.95 at your local Lifeway Christian Store or online at the above link.
.
Each time we meet (every other Tuesday starting today) we are to share a common meal.
.
Momma's Chicken Enchildas:
.
(2) roasted or boiled cornish hens - deboned
(1) 26 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
(1) 14 oz. can of chicken broth
@ 2 c. of shredded Cheddar Cheese
(1) 8 oz. can of Rotel (or 1.2 cup of sliced jalapenos) - optional
20-24 corn tortillas
.
Preheat oven at 350 degrees
.
Mix together: deboned chicken, cream of chicken soup and rotel tomatoes
Bring 1/4 cup of chicken broth to a boil
Allow the chicken tortillas to soak in boiling broth a few seconds then layer in the bottom of a greased 9x13 in. pan. Pour chicken and soup mixture into the pan and layer top with cheddar cheese, continue to layer chicken soup, cheese and tortilla's until it is the top layer is corn tortillas, cover top with remaining cheddar cheese.
Back for 20-30 minutes until all the cheese is melted and tortillas start to crisp.
.
I am serving mine with refried beans and spanish rice. Enjoy!
.
Blessings.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Michelle,

I think I'm going to join you for this study.

Thanks for the materials.

I'm praying about coming to Austin with Tonya in August. Is there any way we could met up with you?

Any recommendations on where to stay? Is there still time to register?

Email me when you get a free minute!!