Friday night, she started out by playing Psalm 16: 1-11 up on the screen before us. It is a beautiful testimony to God's faithfulness and His promises as written by King David.
She had us focus in on Psalm 16:5-7 in the English Standard version. Her emphasis - our beautiful inheritance. She shared that God's inheritance always involves three things:
1. Presence - His among us (Genesis 26:23, Joshua 1:9)
2. People.... God loves people (Genesis 12:3, 22; 22:17-18; Deuteronomy 4:20; Psalm 16:3; Revelation 7:9)
3. Property - a material something to possess or have (Numbers 26:52-56, Matthew 25:34)
She shared that Redemption is tied to Inheritance, because Jesus died not only to redeem us but also to make us co-heirs with Himself. To drive the point home - she shared the following 8 points:
1. I am an heir of God. My life is not left to chance. There is not casting of lots or scheming to steal our inheritance. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus and a co-heir with Him in His Father's kingdom. Our entire lives even before we knew Christ or dwelled in a pit of sin --- It all can be tailored to make a beautiful inheritance. (Psalm 16:5)2. I am an heir of God. I am inheriting a kingdom. (Matthew 25:34, Daniel 7:18, Colossians 1:12) A real, tangible kingdom.... It will nt be boring. Paris Hilton was quoted as saying she is not a boring heiress... As God's heiresses we will not be called to a boring kingdom. It will be a thriving kingdom with life, responibility and possibility all lived in the presence and power of God.
3. I am an heir of God. He is my portion and I am HIS! (1 Peter 2:4-5, Psalm 73:25-26, Psalm 19:57, Lamentations 3:24) Did you get that? We are Christ's inheritance. She took us to Ephesians 1:18 ... Read it and see for yourself. We are the blessed inheritance of our Lord. We inherit Him and all of His kingdom as well.
4. I am a n heir of God. The down payment has been made. (Revelation 22:4, Ephesians 1:14, 2 Timothy 2:13, Romans 8) Christ made a deposit of His own Spirit in us and sealed us in the Spirit for the day of redemption. We bear a mark, His name is written upon our foreheads and all of heaven recognizes us as God's chosen redeemed. The down payment or deposit is our guarantee of the inheritance God has promised.5. I am an heir of God. My boundary lines form a pleasing place. (1 Peter 1:4, Romans 8:18)
These boundaries represent the what shapes not only our destiny but our inheritance. Our past is the rear boundary - we don't have to live there but it shapes who we are. Our intimacy with God is our top boundary - if we do not grow in our relationship with God our top boundary remains low. Our bottom boundary or the place where we walk out what we are experiencing with God and those around us. And the forward momentum is our Spirituall giftings. Those things, within ourselves we cannot do on our own. If God is occupying all the territory within our boundaries - because if He is not the enemy is standing on our land. We must choose to be with Jesus, allow Him to work through our past, our experiences and our giftings to accomplish the purposes of the kingdom. It is a pleasing place to have our faith and walk it out in the center of God's will. God cannot do you wrong... "He comes to take over only to His glory and only to do you good." He can even use a little dirt in our past to make good soil for planting seeds.
7. I am and heir of god. I can be secure. (I crossed out "can" and inserted "am to.") It is now an affirmation of faith! I am to never live insecurely seeking and desiring the approval of others to establish my identity and my value. Christ established my value by the price He was willing to pay to redeem me. He established my identity in Him when I received Him as my Lord. My identity and my value does not debend on other people's opinions or approval of me. Beth said, "No one draws in people like someone who does not need them." and "Christ's fragrance comes forth as we are broken." (Galatians 3:29-4:? - think I forgot to write that down. Psalm 16:5-6)
One final Bethism from this point: "Our theology has not become our reality until we allow God to deal with our insecurity." Now that is a good, good word.
8. I am an heir of God. I have a beautiful inheritance. (Isaiah 61:7, 2 Timothy 4:6-7)
With this, she pointed out that Joy is the leading emotion of receiving the inheritance - to which I say AMEN! But, also, that we are not just heirs to the kingdom behind Christ as in traditional roles of royalty where the firstborn son inherits the right to the primary inheritance. Biblically speaking the primary inheritance or double portion goes to the firstborn. For God - that firstborn is Jesus Christ. We are not just heirs with Him - we are CO-heirs - equal heirs - we get a double portion. Christ is indeed our very great reward. It's not that He works miracles in circumstances to show off, but that He would reveal His glory by working miracles in people - so that we are the miracle. Let's never ask for an easier life, but instead press on and finish the race well. And there when we come across the line bloodied and bruised... beaten and battle weary - we will receive the Crown of Life and Victory which God has promised and we will cast them at His feet in Glory! In the 2 Timothy passage there is a Greek word, kalas, which means "a beautiful fight." Our lives will be a beautiful fight is one hard fought and that may be hard on us but it brings the victory just the same! A Beautiful Inheritance.
Of course, this is Beth's teaching mixed with my own thoughts in my notes... but I tried to write down as much as possible. She did this other neat diagram that maybe I will conjure up later in my trusty old computer so you can see how beautiful it really is. She brought it and God brought down the house when His Holy Spirit fell.
The meet up was precious and so special. God so blessed us this weekend... I'm almost in tears just thinking about it. To my new BFFs Lora, Nesha and Alexia... I. FLAT. OUT. LOVE. YOU. TO. PIECES. Flat Out. Thank you for yesterday morning and the entire weekend. But, most of all thank you for letting me walk alone in the rain, have some time to myself on Saturday afternoon and allowing me to pray with you, hear your story and walk a mile with you along this road of life. I'll never forget it.
Gayle, Cindy and Amy Beth - WOW! Beautiful women, beautiful hearts, beautiful writers... and Cindy - I should add that bit about housekeeping to my profile... cause a good housekeeper in this body - not so much!
Tiffany... I tend to agree the almost "insane" idea of traveling with someone you absolutely do not know for ten hours and entrusting yourself to them seems a little off, but even before we laid eyes on each other it is like God gave us a "knowing" about one another. A kindred heart you are my friend. A kindred heart and I love you.
Holly, Kim and Patty - Thank you seems inadequate - so YOU. ARE. THE. BOMB... and we're all Beth's "peeps!" I swear! She must have been reading Boo Mama's Blog! HA!
Okay... so a nap is in order... I'll link to blogs later ladies... I'm worn out. I had to tape my eyelids to my forehead to make this post by this hour! Love Ya!