Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Scripture Memorization and a Note to Beth

Hey Ladies,

Well it is February 1st and the Siestas over at Living Proof Ministries Blog (LPM) for short are armoring up again with a memory verse. I don't think it is too late for you to join in and get yourself tuned in and geared up for a "Jesus Year," as our Beth so lovingly put it.

My Scripture for the 1st - 15th is "And this I pray that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and discernment, *(10) that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense til the day of Christ." Philippians 1:9-10 (NKJV)

**NOTE TO BETH: (You can read along if you aren't Beth, but this is for her.)

My beloved Teacher, Sister, and Friend:

As I read these words at your blog (LPM BLOG) this morning, I knew God had been listening to me as I voiced my woundedness last night.

"Keep reading them, meditating on them, examining them and echoing them and I give you God’s Word that you’ll sense divine power welling up in you. You’ll win a battle you cannot even see before it makes it from the heavenly realms into your earthly experience. With each verse abiding in you, God is thoroughly equipping you for every good work He foreordained for you. Our paths are hard but God’s plan for us is good. Nothing that really matters a hill of beans is easy. You, young lady, are a warrior. Keep holding up that Shield of Faith and wielding that Sword of the Spirit and the victory will be yours. I am so honored to march on this battlefield beside you."

Thank you for this word of encouragement, Beth. Not even 12 hours ago I was grousing while I mopped the bathroom about how hard the current season is and how unhappy I am about certain things to God. This morning reading your post has given me an extra umph! Sorry to go on... Your words this morning reminded me that God is indeed hearing my prayers and showing me great and unsearchable things that I did not know - Like I have a sparkling, spit-shined house this morning to wake up to... Because I got down in the floor and sopped my knees last night to get the thing done. That is what I am having to do in the Spiritual Battle as well... Get down on my knees and wash His feet with my tears, and sop my knees in the process so He can redeem them with His glorious light!

I love you. (And all of you who may be reading along.) I thank God for you (all of you.)






4 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Glad you can feel God with you in this valley...soon you will be on the moutnain top once again. Good to hear from you!

Yolanda said...

Along with luvmy4sons, remember we grow the most in the valley. Even though its darn hard, welcome the valley Sister, as you know from the past to lean into the future....God is always with us.

I love ya Michelle!

Taria M. said...

I don't know you, but I wanted to encourage you to stay strong. :) Our God hears every word we breathe, and the ones we don't. He will always supply your needs, and He will never leave you. He loves you to pieces!! I know how good it feels to be encouraged by someone, and for Him to answer prayers right when you're in mid-sentence asking. :) I'll pray that He continues to bless you as you draw into Him.

Have a wonderful day! :)

Taria M.

Lora said...

Dear Michelle,
I was so encouraged by Beth's note to us about our memory work too. She is one of God's biggest cheerleaders. I am so thankful to Him for her. Your response to her encouragement was precious Michelle. Your heart is just beautiful dear one, just beautiful. Let's fight those battles on our knees and as you said, "so He can redeem them with His glorious light!" Oh, that is good indeed.
I love you my friend. Blessings to you!