Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Respectfully Disagree...

I'm really in a huge battle these days... I either watch the news and find myself shaking my head, or I don't and remain uninformed.
.
WHY?
.
Because before the election God asked me if I would respect the office of President of the United States whether I agreed with the man who held the office or not. I could do nothing but comply.
.
I'm going to admit something here. I do respect the time, the courage and the extreme pressure that rests upon this President to get it right in a very troubling time. As I recall, it was the same pressure on the previous administration in the wake of 9/11 and it AGED the 43rd President in his eight years as I never thought possible. However, I cannot and will not voice agreement with morally and socially as well as legally and fiscally irresponsible choices and policies.
.
Today I ask this question:
.
* Is this a President standing for change I CAN BELIEVE IN?
.
.No. He is not. He is not a President resetting the moral standard and compass in this nation by his own example. He is on a popularity tour. Laughing at the expense, to the tune of Billions and Trillions of dollars, of tax payers across this country. Tax dollars that you and I are forced to give this government by law. I respectfully disagree with his position on people he has nominated to his administration - who by their own admission failed to pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes and were treated without consequence, even rewarded for such behavior. These are the very people assigned the responsibility of managing the recovery of our nation's economy.
.
NO. He is not. He is not a President who is placing the safety and security of this nation above his politics and the liberal national agenda. HE is not. The change he is initiating regarding protection of our borders and the war on "man-caused disasters" (The New Homeland Security Secretary's take on what 9/11 is... She told the German version of Time Magazine this very thing. I heard the sound bite on Richard Land's radio program.)
.
NO. He is not. His role in denying thousands of individuals their constitutional right not to violate their moral and religious beliefs by abstaining from being required to perform abortions devalues both our First Amendment rights and the sanctity of human life in one fell swoop. This President says we have a MORAL obligation to reform health care and provide the same socialized, dysfunctional medical care that people from other nations flock to our country to escape, but does not feel we have a MORAL obligation to prevent the senseless genicide known as abortion. This is not change I can believe in.
NO. He is not. Is anyone going to complain about the time he is not spending in the White House? They didn't do it about Mr. William Jefferson Clinton, but did so about Mr. George W. Bush... Is the same double standard going to apply for our media junket President?
.
I'm afraid that while I honor the fact that he has taken on by choice the most stressful as well as powerful position in this country at such a young age. I will not and cannot agree with the decisions he has made and the budget his administration is proposing that will ultimately bankrupt this nation and leave our children destined to be enslaved to others nations. I am disappointed, Mr. President. You have not changed one thing you promised. You have changed many things, but the standard is not better - it is far worse today than it was six months ago.
.
And, that is just about the Executive Branch. Tomorrow I will write more about the RUNAWAY CONGRESS/SENATE that is holding "Kangaroo Court" in our nation's capital. Liberal America, you may be getting some of what you want but truthfully what you want will destroy this nation at the core of its being. We've been trending this way for years and the recent elections have put us on the downslide of a very slippery slope. Please pray for our nation, our President, our Congress and Senate and every person in this nation. PLEASE PRAY.
**Comments for this post will remain closed.**