Pages

Welcome!

Just a quick note to let you know I've moved my blog to the following address:

http://www.michellebenthamcreates.com

Please visit me at REDEEMED...RESTORED...RELEASED: One Woman's Story of Living Free to read more about what God is doing in my life and how He is working those things to set me free. Thanks so much for following, visiting, reading all about it and supporting me as you have done so many times these last few years. If you follow my other blogs, the posts from all three of my blogs are going to be transferred to the new digs for one big blog about our journey to restoration and freedom in Christ.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Wind blows where it will...

When the winds of change blow... What choice do we have but to move?

That is exactly where we find ourselves. We are at a crossroads. An opportunity for significant, positive change looms on our horizon. Our response becomes critical - lifechanging.

I can't go into all the details, but yesterday the wind blew into our lives unexpectedly and shook us up a bit. It promises change, future, hope and challenge. And, here we are in the middle of it again.

How is it that the winds of change swirl all about us but scarcely find us watching for them? I think that is the thing that is rolling through my mind. We are now facing the fact that several years ago when a similar opportunity came our way - we chose selfishly, foolishly and moved in a direction that took us away from God's narrow path. Which inadvertently landed us right back on the narrow path when we began walking our journey at Gateway Church. Now, we are faced with that very same decision and looking to choose wisely. We are praying about the direction, but will begin setting things in motion on Monday... And the change will come to us within a week or so... It's exciting, crazy scary and trying all at the same time. It feels impossible.

To my surprise, last night was a calm night. We were not in upheaval and my husband was not disappointed or angry or seemingly frustrated at all. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - we have been building up to this place recently. Instead, he was listening, weighing, considering and agreeing. We prayed together after discussing our situation and found God in our midst. Maybe, just maybe we are called to be flexible, transient - not too attached to the things of this world, just good stewards of them. Maybe this is the way God brings us back to where we should have been all along, but in a different way. Maybe... Just Maybe... This is the day for change.
Does it really all come down to what we are willing to believe?

" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" ~ Mark 9:23-24 NIV




No comments: